Thursday, December 16, 2004

Screaming Mimi

Okay, so sleep wasn't happening last night. Right as I was posting Connor started whimpering. I went in to cover him up and found him wet. Stupid leaky diapers. So I changed him then brought him to bed to warm him up (poor baby was shivering). Once he had regained some of his own body heat I returned him to his crib.

So, my question is, how long is it okay to let him cry for? The most logical book I read said to check on the baby at 20 minutes, but for the most part it will have stopped by then. Well, its hard to go 20 minutes, so at first I checked at 10 mins. Then again at 10 mins. Then I let him go 20 mins. And again 20 mins. Keep in mind he wasn't just whimpering anymore. Connor had dug into his full tilt grunty scream. Of course, I gave in and brought him to bed with me. I want to know exactly how long I could let him cry without scarring him for life. Maybe I should write Dr. Phil. One way or another, I don't get any sleep. It kinda sucks. Well, kinda is a poor word choice. It really sucks.

Anyway, on a happier note, I get to sing at a funeral today. Really, right now I don't think it's a sad thing. One of the ladies in the choir at church passed away and her family requested the praise team sing at the funeral. I feel honored about that. They said she absolutely loved the early contemporary service. It makes me happy to think that I contributed to someone's love. I hope we can comfort her family some.

I should shower now. I don't want to offend the family with fumes eminating from my body!

No comments: