Monday, February 07, 2005

Taking a little break

Woo! Organizing is hard work. Okay... so it's not the organizing that's hard. It's hard to get it done during Connor's nap times. It's also hard to move furniture (ie this deceivingly small looking desk) by yourself. It's done though (the moving) so I thought I'd take a little break. That's why I'm blogging.

I decided to angle the desk in the corner. I'm still not sure if I like it all that much. Functionally I think it will work much better. My file cabinet is now within reach, I was able to plug in my shredder permanently and the shelf doesn't feel as blocked in the corner. On the other hand the room feels a lot smaller. Maybe I can make that work for me. I may try for cozy in here. Of course, I may not have a choice.

There were some great benefits to moving the desk. For one thing, I was able to finally drill vent holes in the back of the CPU cabinet. Whatever genius designed the desk didn't really think things through. My poor CPU couldn't breathe. We had to leave the door open all the time. Ick. Took care of that problem. I also hooked our desk phone back up. About a year ago the phone jack in here broke, so I worked wonders of engineering to run the phone line from the other room (think the jack to the answering machine, the answering machine to the old CPU, the old CPU to a caller id unit... you get the crazy idea). Needless to say, the phone was a low priority. My father-in-law fixed the jack a year ago, so I figured it might be time to have a phone in here again. I also moved the light to the corner behind the desk. Light is good.

I guess I've rested long enough. I'd like to get this mostly done tonight. Wouldn't that be nice? I think I can do it! Look for finished pictures tomorrow... hopefully!

No comments: