Sunday, August 13, 2006

I am actually using my desktop computer. I have hardly touched this thing in 6 months... only when I need to print SU! stuff from the site. (BTW - I guess I haven't written on here - I became a Stampin' Up! demonstrator last October. You wouldn't think I'm the direct sales type, but I really like it. It's a good reason to be social.)

Ah... Sunday! A day that can be so good and yet so stressful! I got to "lead" the Praise Team today. I say "lead" (note the quotations) because no one really leads that group. It's just a bunch of little groups who decided what to do on their own. I guess that would just make me the visible target for the day. Is that bad to say? I think it needs to be said... maybe one day I'll get the... uhm... balls to say it to the group. Unfortunately, I don't think it would be that helpful. In fact, it may even have the opposite effect. It's hard to say.

Anyway, since it was Praise Team week, I had to be there early, which is challenging. I will admit to a tardiness problem. Things just always happen to make me late. Most of it, of course, is me just plain not being adequately prepared. Surprise. So once there, service went well and Sunday School was good. Adult interaction is always good. Even when you feel lonely in a crowd. (Wow. I sound like such a party today.)

Then I picked up the kiddos from their classes. Clara wouldn't eat for them and predictably woke up hungry when I put her in her carrier. Connor was being pretty good, but after last week we are just sick of each other and aren't really connecting (meaning I've turned into that mean-mommy-lady and he's will-not-listen-boy). My dad wasn't there to help in the normal fashion and of course Michael was at work (because where else would he be on the weekend?). So there I was, waiting for my sick mom with a baby on the edge and a 2 year old with a will. Ahh! I don't know what I'm going to do when I move. Hopefully I won't end up drooling and babbling, but it's not looking good.

The afternoon was good. Connor napped and I got to talk to mom for a long time. That was nice.

I guess you can see my mood. It's been this way since Friday. Connor used all my patience on Thursday when all he wanted was Daddy. It also didn't help that the boat pulled in at 3pm yesterday instead of in the early morning as had been predicted. By 6pm I had given up hope of seeing Michael until Monday, but then he called around 8pm. That completely threw me. So I was moody. Fortunately, I was able to control it and be a pleasant person to those around me. The bottom line is, I need to decompress... stamping is working a little but isn't quite hitting the button. I need a massage and a pedicure. That would be way good. Yup. Way good.

1 comment:

sarah said...

i know the lonely in a crowd feeling all to well.
i miss you.