Sunday, March 11, 2007

Let the weight loss begin!

I did it. On Saturday I headed my butt over to the local Weight Watchers place and signed myself up. I enjoyed my first meeting. Today I started eating following the "Flex" Plan. (That's the one with the points, if you know anything about WW.) It was challenging. I was hungry. Of course, I did not take into account that I am still feeding Clara and get 10 more points a day because of it. I had figured that I really don't eat that much and am about to wean her, so why get used to the extra food. Then as I'm sitting there hungry this afternoon, I realized that I munch more than I think. I have a little snack when Connor has lunch and sometimes another when he snacks. I guess I have to feed the baby from something, otherwise my bum would be disappearing a bit faster than it is!

Anyway, I figured I could use the extra help with the food side of losing weight. I do really well with exercise (once I get going), but I've never been good at watching what I eat. Let me change that... I'm really good at watching it head into my mouth! ;-D I think this will help me keep on track and reach my goals. I know I can do it. I just need to do it!

On another note, I started a class at church today called The Heart of the Artist. I am very excited about this. It is based around a book by Rory Noland by the same name. So far, I like it. I also really like the philosophy of the church about quality... "It's good enough for church" is not an acceptable statement. Perfectionism is bad, because it draws the focus away from God, but excellence is to be aimed for. Yay. I'm beginning to think this will be a great place to grow.

No comments: