Friday, October 19, 2007

Upon Viewing Reunion Pics

Ok... so my 10 year high school reunion was this last weekend. I wasn't there. Boo. I really did want to go... but it wasn't really worth the 12 hour drive by myself with 2 kids. That and several of the people I really care to see weren't going either. It would be no fun alone without Michael anyway... who am I kidding? I didn't want all that high school drama reappearing in my life. There is a reason we grow up and move away from that stuff... I don't want to worry about if I look fat or how far I've gone since then or if my kids are superstars or not. *sigh* Maybe next time, although I don't really ever see myself enjoying that experience.

Now don't go taking me as the recluse who hated life then or anything. I can't say as I was always the happiest thing (hey... I was a teenager!) but there are things I have missed from high school. I was a kid... no worrying about feeding my own kids or making sure the house is sold. That is a wonderful freedom. I miss living for drama and chorus. Seriously, is there anything more important in life? I miss my friends. It's funny how you can look back and know exactly who your friends were... even if you weren't so sure back then.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to tell your then self to relax?

No comments: