Thursday, April 16, 2009

All the Outdoors

Holy cow it was glorious here today. Bee-U-Tee-Full! And "warm". You know, I think we reached 60 today. Actually, that was perfect.

As it was forecast to be so lovely, I made plans to hit up the local nature center with the chill'uns. Best decisions I have ever made! We had such a wonderful day. And after the last two weeks, Connor needed even an ok day, so a good day was fabulous!

The last time we went to the nature center was a year ago. Boy does a year make a difference. There was no whining. I didn't carry Clara at all. There was no running around crazy without listening to mom. Yay!

I showed Connor how the trails were marked and then he led the way (with just a little guidance and a few reminders to look ahead for the next blaze). He enjoyed climbing the rocks. When I asked him what his favorite part of the trip was he said "I just like walking." Clara happily hung out in the middle. She's a little collector... she found all kinds of cool little pine cones and nuts. She even stuck a little moss in her pocket. Near the end of our trek, I kept waiting for her to be tired of walking, but she just walked along singing little songs to herself. Did I mention that it was a great day?








No comments: