Thursday, January 20, 2005

Waiting to hit the wall

So, I've been dedicated (seriously) to fixing my health for a whole 20 days now. I'm beginning to wonder when real life is going to take toll and steal away my momentum. I've gotten started before, but it only seems to last a few days at a time, so 20 days is pretty amazing.

I have a few theories as to why I'm still going.
  • Connor is driving me. I need to lead by example. How can I expect him to treat his body well if I'm a blob sitting on the couch shoving food in my mouth.
  • I have come to love exercise *gasp!* Even with the time it takes, I feel like I'm finally doing something just for me (unlike cleaning-which although I'm the only one who seems to care, it benefits everyone).
  • It seems to be working. I am losing weight. I am feeling better. I am sleeping well. I am full of energy.
  • My blog has made me accountable. I know my sister is watching (hi Sarah!) and who knows who else has stumbled across my feeble attempt at accountability.
So those are my theories. I know the wall is coming. I'm praying I can blast it down. I'm trying my best Dr. Phil positive thinking moves... hehehe!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Hi Tracey!
I got your tag over on my fitness blog and wanted to say "hi". 20 days is great! I'll be checking your blog to see how you're doing. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

they're always watching...
*looks around paranoid*