Monday, September 18, 2006

A slightly new woman

So I'm recovering. Not so down today. That's very good.

The day started well, with an upbeat email from Michael. I had received one on Friday that wasn't too happy and it was weighing on my mind. It just really sucks when the guy you love is bummed and you can't do anything about it. When I got this morning's email, I felt relieved. He sounded much better.

Then I went grocery shopping. I have been putting it off because I have been dreading it. "Why?" you ask. Because it was the first trip with both kids. Aaahhh! I don't know how I made it this long... oh wait... I dug deep into the recesses of the pantry. Connor is pretty open to new food as long as the texture's okay (hmm... wonder where he got that from), so I've been cooking some. I really need to do that more. Of course, it's way easier with a shiny clean kitchen, which I have now (well, not this second, but in the morning). Anyway, the store went well. Connor is a little easier to handle now that he can ask questions about the stuff he sees. I took Clara in the sling/wrap/carrier thing. I love that thing more everytime I use it. She went off to sleep about halfway through the store. The only issue I had was getting Connor in and out of the seat (because we had to visit the bathroom) while wearing her.

When we got home, I called to see if the van was ready and they said to come in around lunchtime. So Connor watched one of his shows and then we headed to Greenbriar Mall for some playtime and lunch. Connor was getting a little tired at this time. He was whiney and did the throw down on the ground thing a few times when it was time to leave, but overall he held himself together even though we passed his naptime. We stopped for the van and I moved the carseats (again *sigh*) and we headed home.

As you can see, I was pretty productive. I got the living room nearly completely decluttered. I'm doing 15-min "flings" of decluttering. So far it's working. I have gotten rid of lots of things I've just been hanging on to for tomorrow that never comes. It is good. Clutter-free... the way to be! :-D

Sarah invited me out to get down with our bad selves (hehe). It sounded so good when I got her message, I felt the tension easing. A calm came over me. I just need to get out, away from children, and not do errand-type things. Everytime I've tried recently, things have fallen through, so maybe this can really happen for me! I never dreamed it could! *tear* Yes, I'm a smart@ss tonight.

To top off this decent day, Michael called! Shock and awe! I thought I might get one, but I try not to think about it or I get disappointed when it doesn't happen. Anyway, I will probably head down to Georgia this weekend. Woohoo for really long drives by yourself. The plan is that I will go down there and stay for a little while, then he will come back with me for a bit, then he will fly back. I hope it works out. I hope they give him leave. I think he really needs it... he has an extremely stressful time coming up. Going into it "rested" would be good.

Speaking of rested, I need to be that way. Ta-ta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love you.