Monday, November 27, 2006

Packing up

We got started 2 weeks ago. Two ladies showed up with a van full of boxes and paper and started packing our stuff. It was strange how quickly they were able to tackle all of our junk. I guess when you don't have any sentimental attachment to the stuff, it's easy to stick it in a box. They got to our place at about 9am and left about 4:30pm. They worked nearly the whole time. Wow were there a lot of boxes! It was nice though... once I got over having strangers seeing all my stuff. That only took about 2 hours or so. I was a little crazy for a while, but then I realized how easy I had it. I was not going to be physically exhausted at the end of the day (I was mentally, but I didn't expect otherwise). On the following day, our big orange truck showed up at around 10am. They emptied the downstairs, move all the stuff from upstairs down, and then loaded that. They were done around 4pm. It was good.

Packed up

Clearing out

Empty (but not clean *sigh*)

Unfortunately, the mess left in the wake of having all our mess shaken out was... well... messy. Thank God I had planned to get the carpets cleaned!

I will write more later as my battery is about to bite it. It's like, "Woo hoo! I'm being used!" ~:-)

No comments: