Sunday, December 31, 2006

Another year... another holiday season down.

Hello! I do live, although barely! Hehe. I am of course joking. It was a very busy week at our house this week. We had both sets of grandparents, an aunt and two uncles visiting this week! Not everyone was staying at our house (that I don't think I would've survived). Fortunately we have a hotel on the same street as us... very convenient for guests.

Michael's parents arrived on the 22nd. We had a good little Christmas with them. Then my parents, brother, sister and Joe arrived on the 26th. We did local stuff - visited the Nautilus (first nuclear submarine) museum and went to Mystic Pizza (yes, like that movie with Julia Roberts) and we did a day in New York City. We opened presents and ate the most Chinese food ever (there are leftovers in the fridge). Overall, we had a decent time. Here are some of the highlights.

Santa brought Connor a mini-trampoline. Little does he know it was really a present for momma!

Clara was so cute. She got a ton of toys. The good thing is, she will play with them. Toys were wasted on Connor as a baby. Of course, Clara would have been the most happy if we would have let her eat the wrapping paper she tore off.

It's "pooperman"!

This is Connor and Gramdaddy about to go down into the Nautilus. Connor was excited to get to go down in the submarine. Ever since we toured the Texas months ago he has wanted to go "down the hole". He was very disappointed when we picked up Michael and didn't go to see the boat.

My love and I. Lady Liberty is in the background.

Radio City all pretty for the holidays.

One word of advice for any of those who wish to see New York City. Don't try to visit the same weekend as New Year's. It was a sea of humanity. It was crazy packed with people. We didn't really do anything while we were there... the lines were insane. Of course, I enjoyed just walking around. I discovered that it's a short enough trip to go there just to shop. How cool is that? Of course, we need renter's before I can think about shopping again. *sigh*

Well, that's the short version of the last week. I hope your holiday was good! ~:-D

No comments: