Wednesday, December 20, 2006

He's home!

Woo hoo! After much anticipation (and a surprise move of date) Michael is home. Actually, he's been home, which explains my lack of posting. He has duty tonight, which explains my current posting... hehe.

With Michael's return on Saturday, I realized Christmas is quickly arriving and I have done nearly nothing. I did a little shopping. By a little, I am serious - I've gotten Michael's gift from us, Clara's gift from Connor and our gift for my father-in-law. I ordered my parent's gift several weeks ago - it got back ordered and now I'm beginning to doubt it will get here. We'll see. Aside from that, I have some simple sewing to do and all of Santa's shopping... ah! Now I'm freaking out. Luckily, Michael's "stand-down" started, so he will only have to go into work on duty days. That means shopping for me the next couple of days. My in-laws are coming in shortly, so I don't have too long. I got the Christmas tree up today (constructed and "ribboned"), we just need to put on the ornaments.

On the child front, I started weaning Clara this week. This is long process for me, but it has begun. It is turning out to be a bit of a challenge because she does not like bottles. And she does not like formula. And she does not like fluid below a certain temperature. Are you seeing where I'm going with this? I've finally gotten her to take a bottle with a 1:2 formula:breast milk blend. Poor baby. First mommy makes her sleep in her own crib (yes folks... she's in her own room) and now no mommy milk? What is this world coming to? She's been a little cranky the last few days, but I think she's getting used to the new way of the world.

You should have seen me at the mailbox this afternoon! I have been stalking our carrier (which is hard being that we aren't on a route yet - our mail delivery has been... random) for the latest perk of being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator. We got a special gift this year - a stamp set for Christmas! Woo hoo! Free stamps! It's not just any set... it's a set from the Spring 2007 mini. It's called Polka Dots ad Paisley. (Go here for a peek.) I have been severely stamping deprived lately, so this was a wonderfully happy thing.

Well, I need to sleep. In addition to shopping joys I have my yearly physical tomorrow... joy. Nothing like meeting a new doctor and then... well... *sigh* I'll live. Just one of the joys of moving. Have a good night! ~:-)

No comments: