Friday, May 16, 2008

Tagged

Way back, long ago in a month called March (otherwise know as the time Tracey had dropped off the face of the planet) I was tagged by my friend Catherine to share 7 random facts about myself. Being that I'm into lists right now, I thought I would finally share my 7 facts. ~:-)

1. I am an extraordinarily good whistler. I have even considered looking into the requirements for those whistling competitions (I remember seeing a champion on some morning show when I was little), but then I feel totally silly for even thinking about it. Just think about being introduced as the Whistling National Champion...

2. I don't like food that has been on other people's plates (with few exceptions) or been bitten by another person. This may not seem so strange except that it extends to my children. The though of touching or (God-forbid) eating a already started chicken nugget just makes me gag. I would wear gloves while feeding them if I could. And don't even get me started on gooey, food coated cups and glasses.

3. I'm really bad at talking on the phone. I have enough problems with normal face to face interaction that talking on the phone just totally does me in.

4. When I was a kid, I would spend hours in my room listening to tapes and records. I would memorize the words and pretend I was the artist giving a concert. Sometimes I would just dance around. I remember doing this with the Footloose soundtrack, West Side Story, anything Amy Grant, and Whitney Houston.

5. I am the slowest ironer ever. I don't dislike ironing, it just takes me so long it's a major inconvenience. And, I'm not very good at it, so everything looks like I never ironed it to begin with.

6. I never graduated from college. I marched and then received my "so sorry" letter the next day. I never bothered to fight the decision, which I mildly regret now. It's not a big deal though. I'm still able to work and such, and to me, that's what really matters.

7. I'm not good with kids. This is funny, being that I have them and worked in pediatrics and such, but I really don't have patience for them (and of course they sense it). I love them and wish that I had that "special magic" but I've got to be honest... I way don't.

I guess that's it. I'm going to cop out and say if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged! Ta for now!

No comments: