Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities. (from Day Zero)
Sounds like fun, doesn't it? I've known I've needed to set some goals for a while, but haven't been too excited about it. The timeline has always gotten in the way! A year was too short. Five years was too long. Something would come up that would make a task impossible in the given time. 1001 days was just perfect. So after much thought (and reading of others' lists), my list is below. I will strike through completed items and put a date on them. I did leave several blank. I figure in 2.75ish years time I might come up with a few goals I would want to meet. I will do a blog post about completed items. Please, if you feel you can help with anything on my list, let me know. Some of these things I've put on here with little idea how I will get them done. :-) That's the fun of it!
Begin May 15, 2008
End February 10, 2011
1) Reach size 12 and maintain it.
2) Go off line while at home for a week.
3) Complete 1 week at home with no TV.
4) Complete the Couch to 5K program at coolrunning.com.
5) Run a half marathon.
6) Throw a 30th birthday party for myself and HAVE FUN!
7) Wear makeup everyday for a week. (0/7)
8) Read the Bible.
9) Complete a Bible study/devotion book.
10) Splurge on a fabulous pair of shoes.
11) Register to vote.
12) Make a will.
13) Learn 3 yoga vinyasa (Sun Salutation, Triangle/Warrior II, Great Salutation).
14) Make 5 new friends. (0/5)
15) Be physical/workout twice a week. (0/286)
16) Throw the kids totally cool birthday parties.
17) Get passports for the kids.
18) Have a date night every month. (0/31)
19) Go to a theme park with Michael.
20) Take each kid out alone for a "date" every 6 months.
21) Start holding "Family Night" themed dinners twice a month. (0/64)
22) Establish a daily homework time for Connor.
23) Sponsor a child through Compassion.
24) Make Gavin a gift.
25) Make decisions about adoption.
26) Keep a shiny sink for 31 days. (2/31)
27) Plant a container garden (tomatoes!).
28) Eat at home for 2 weeks straight. (0/14)
29) Dispose of the old computer properly.
30) Make recipe cards for easy menu construction.
31) Clear off desk (meaning everything filed, shredded, and put away).
32) Get Clara's portrait framed and hung.
33) In the spring, put down broad leaf weed killer and fertilize the lawn.
34) Pack away extra linens in space bags.
35) Clean off the top of the fridge.
36) Weed out DVDs.
37) Weed out CDs.
38) Weed out the kids toys.
39) Add 10 recipes/meals to my cooking. (0/10)
40) Send out Christmas cards in time each year. (0/3)
41) Pair all of the socks and throw away the spares.
42) Earn the SU! incentive trip.
43) Get my artwork published in a book or magazine.
44) Retake my registry exam.
45) Run a successful fundraiser for charity.
46) Make back room able to function as a classroom.
47) Research teaching classes at the senior center.
48) Complete a Rosetta Stone language course.
49) Send 101 cards. (0/101)
50) Go 3 months without purchasing any SU! product except for items for specific classes twice.
51) Get started with Getting Things Done.
52) Enter for the SU! Artisan Award.
53) Find 5 Geo caches. (0/5)
54) Visit Acadia National Park in Maine.
55) Watch the sunrise at Acadia National Park.
56) Touch the Pacific Ocean.
57) Go sailing/learn to sail.
58) Learn to rock climb.
59) Take the kids to visit natural caverns.
60) See the Grand Canyon.
61) Go to a NASCAR race with Michael.
62) Visit Disney again.
63) Go to a wine tasting.
64) Visit NYC with the kids.
65) Go to the opera.
66) Audition for a musical.
67) Take a dance class.
68) Outline a novel.
69) Write a song (don't be afraid to let it suck!).
70) Make an album of my important people.
71) Make a scrapbook of this process.
72) Take a picture for each goal.
73) Learn 5 songs on the piano.
74) Save for and purchase Vocal Coach Singer.
75) Read 20 of Madeline L'Engle's books. (0/20)
76) Read The Screwtape Letters by C. S. Lewis.
77) Read Mere Christianity by C. S. Lewis.
78) Reread the Mark of the Lion trilogy. (3/3)
79) Register at bookcrossing.com and release at least 10 books. (0/10)
80) Make mix CD of "adult" praise and worship music that is good for the kids.
81) Make non-annoying playlist of children's songs.
82) Join the Company Girls at Home Sanctuary.
83) Complete 90 days of Small Things challenges at Home Sanctuary.
84) Have my song reviewed by people who know about music.
85) To be determined
86) To be determined
87) To be determined
88) To be determined
89) To be determined
90) To be determined
91) To be determined
92) To be determined
93) To be determined
94) To be determined
95) To be determined
96) To be determined
97) To be determined
98) To be determined
99) Create list for next 1001 days.
100) Save $10 for every item completed on this list.
101) Donate $10 for every item not completed on this list.