Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The Joy of Baby Sign

Well, I have to brag about my brilliant baby for a little bit. We have been using baby signs with Connor since he was about 8 months old. In November (9 months), he began to use them too. His first and most enthusiastic sign was "milk". Go figure. After that came "more" and "eat". Now that he is using those proficiently, we are adding to his vocabulary. Anytime I can I sign something for him. He has signed "ball" once or twice and has begun to use "more" to indicate he wants to keep playing. My favorite sign of his is "bath". I modeled this sign for him once. Two nights later, I was getting ready to take him upstairs for bed when what do I see but a baby fervently signing "bath" on the floor in front of me. I asked him, "Do you want a bath?" There was a big grin in response along with more "bath" signs. This morning he did it again. I love my smart Connor-boy.

No comments: