Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I guess it's time.

I guess it's time I face the music and own up to my indiscretions. ~:-D That sounds dismal, doesn't it? Really it's not all that bad. I just need to finally blog about the weight-loss thing. "Thing"... what an interesting choice of word.

Well, the long and short of it is, I fell off the wagon. I had finally hit 210 (that's down 25 lbs from my pre-pregnancy weight) and I lost all my oomph. I wasn't working out much and I started back with the soda and sweets and stuff. Moderation went out the window. I gained back 5 lbs. My clothes fit crappy (I'm sure that's not grammatically correct - crapily?) and I just felt like a loser. Blah!

Fortunately, I am coming out of the rut. I've been trying not to weigh (althought it's hard not to), but at my Monday physical I was back down to 212. Yay. A little un-enthused, but it was about what I was expecting. I have been working out nearly every weekday morning at the gym. I love it. Connor gets to play with the big kids and I get to work my tooshie off. I think it's a good plan. Yesterday was the first day I really pushed myself though. I was just doing "enough" and wasn't getting near the workout Maya would give me. I need to bring her out again for weekends and for the upcoming "gym-less" time while Dima is here. I just can't afford $50/week so that he can swim. I'll have to go when Michael's home or find some other exercise method.

Today I began to again be aware of what I'm eating and YIKES! I have gotten out of hand. It's that darn cake again! If cake enters my home, it will be sent away with someone or disposed of promptly following the event. I just have to do it. I need to find some small sweet snack I can eat. I keep looking for something to fill the craving and, not finding it, I eat everything else. I wonder if those 100 calorie snacks are any good. Prepackaged is good. Keeps away the gorge-fest.

I guess that's the summation of my struggle for now. I'll keep you updated!

No comments: