Wednesday, September 06, 2006

I shined my sink!

Those who know me well know that generally I am a near hopeless mess... well, at least my house is. Recently I have been thoroughly disgusted with the state of this place. I make great efforts at getting the place clean, but have trouble maintaining it. I live in CHAOS (can't have anyone over syndrome - I think that's so cute). I have recently found hope in the form of a Yahoo group... hehe. Well, it's that and a website and such. I have found FlyLady. It's a systematic plan for developing good household habits. Step one is to shine your sink. I have read the basics of this and it makes perfect sense, so I'm going to try it. I thought my birthday would be a great time to start. I hope to be able to maintain my place so people can drop in. I want 28 to be a great year, so I am developing the habits at 27. In addition I'm starting a "To-do by 30" list. I want to be able to say that my 20s were great and I want to really celebrate 30... not get all mid-life crisis like. So... that's my statement of intention. I will post my list as soon as I complete it, but I can tell you #1... have a shiny sink!

No comments: