Sunday, December 03, 2006

I'm watching the news and chuckling... we're due for a "nuisance inch" of snow. Wow... now the #19 is actually included on the forecast chart. Hehe. Actually, I was talking with a lady at church this morning and she says that this area is "getting soft" about snow. We were talking about school closings and such. She said it was all the New Yorkers moving in. CT is losing it's hard New England edge. That makes me chuckle. I guess chuckle is my word for the evening.


So my baby made forward motion today. She isn't crawling yet, but she did a little inchworm move where she stuck her butt up in the air and slid forward (think that funny breakdance move baby style). It was only about an inch, but it got her toy into her hands. It won't be long now. I'm going to be in for it with her. Connor was easy (as a baby... hehe). She is really going to be into everything. I think she will walk very shortly too. She wants to keep up with Connor!

I made a discovery about Connor last night. He's a little sneak! He has been full time in his big boy bed since I last wrote and overall it's been an easy transition. Hehe... yes, I am a little deluded... I found out Connor's secret last night. I woke up at about 3am to a strange light and sound coming from down the hall. He had closed his door and was playing away. It took me 2 hours to convince him I was serious when I said he had to stay in his bed. I actually picked up his mattress to move it back to the crib before he believed me. *sigh* I was wondering why he had been soooo cranky lately. I thought it was just because he missed Michael. Mommy's so naive. Tonight we revued the "rules of the big boy bed" before he went down. I think I may have made my point (we've already established that I'm deluded). He didn't get up at all after bedtime. I guess we'll see.

Well, I should head to bed... way tired here. Pray for me... going to church today was challenging. I cried (which I hate), but I just miss my old place a lot. I need to see my place in a church and I just don't see it here. I don't know if I need to find another church, or if I just need to wait for it to become a little less foreign. *sigh* I'm just sad. I miss "church" (not God... He's here loud and clear... I just keep getting distracted). Well, ta! ~:-)

No comments: